Welcome, Beta Testers!
Please read all of the information below. This document states what we expect from you, and what you can expect from us.
- Try the action again to see if the bug happens again.
- Record the action you are trying to take (e.g., "Trying to send a private message").
- Note what you expected to happen, and what actually happened instead. Note any error messages you receive. Screenshots are helpful too.
- Record the steps that cause the bug to occur. Be as specific as possible.
- Contact us to report this information. You can email us, or create a support ticket: Support. Or post in the Forum
- Visa, purchase succeeds: Card #: 4242 4242 4242 4242, CVC: Any 3 digits, Expiration: Any future date
- Mastercard, purchase succeeds: Card #: 5555 5555 5555 4444, CVC: Any 3 digits, Expiration: Any future date
- Address and zip code match fail: 4000 0000 0000 0010
- Card declined: 4000 0000 0000 0002
- FREE_FIVE - Should give you 5 free coins. Can be used only once per user, and no more than 30 times by all users combined.
- RELOAD3 - Gives you 3 free coins, can be used only once per user.
- EXPIRED - Expired. Should give you an error message that the coupon is not valid.
Your Role as Beta Tester
We are developing a genetics simulation game called Horgons.com. "Horgons" are mythical creatures that are part dragon and part horse. We need testers like you to try it out, and to report any bugs or problems. We also want your feedback, suggestions, and complaints. All you have to do is spend at least 5 hours playing the game in each 30-day period. We expect the beta test to go 3 - 6 months.
As a beta tester, your primary responsibility is to report any bugs or problems you find.
How to report bugs / problems:
We also ask you to report your experience with the game and give us feedback generally. Not just problems, but your reactions to the game. How is the pace of the game? What is interesting and fun? What is annoying or confusing?
We ask that you to send us regular feedback. We need you to report at least once a week on your experience with the game. This can be in an email, by sharing a Google Docs journal (see below), and/or by answering surveys that we send out.
Yes, there are some basic rules we need you to follow:
1. Read, understand, and agree to the Beta Test and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
2. It is OK to ask your friends and family to join the beta test, but unless / until they sign up and also agree to the Beta Test and Non-Disclosure Agreement, you cannot discuss your experience with or opinions about the game with them.
3. It's OK to "cheat" or "hack" the game if you report it. Beta testers who report and explain ways to cheat or hack the game are eligible for special rewards (generally an Amazon gift card of at least $25 value).
4. As noted above, send us regular feedback.
Contests, Prizes, and Rewards:
The prizes listed in the contests are real, and if you win a contest, you will get the prize. You can also get rewards for reporting bugs and other problems. Everyone who fully participates in the beta test will be eligible for a drawing for a $250 Amazon gift card at the end of the test.
Keep a journal:
We strongly encourage you to keep a journal when you play the game. (This will also help you with the game itself, by keeping track of your breeding selections.) Write down any issues you encounter, any improvements that come to mind, suggestions, or complaints. It can be totally stream of consciousness, and doesn't have to be pretty or well-written.
Google docs is great for this. Please share this document with us (share to firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can learn from your experience. And don't be shy! If something sucks, please say so. If something surprises or delights you, please note that too!
Talk to your fellow testers:
You can talk with your fellow beta testers in the forum. Discuss your impressions, opinions, issues, questions, etc.
How to "buy" coins:
Our payment system is currently in test mode, so you can "buy" more coins without spending any real money. Our payment processor is Stripe. Stripe uses various fake credit card numbers to test different scenarios. Here are some test codes you should try out:
Coupons: Give the following coupon codes a try: